Friday, September 10, 2010

My first Chicagoland football game





I photographed my first Chicagoland high school football game on friday night at New Trier High School. I heard a lot about this school from locals before seeing the campus for the first time. New Trier was founded in 1901 and is known for its large spending per student, along with its academic excellence, athletics, drama, visual arts, and music programs. This school is huge. In 1981 the school had more than 6500 students. These are not my best pictures but I like the action shot of number 15 running the ball. The foreshortening of the lens makes it look like his leg is bent in an awkward direction. If New Trier is willing to spend so much money on their athletic program I have only one thing to say, "get some better lights for your stadium. They are sub par."

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That is crazy! Hello Joe Theisman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that got me too. out of the corner of my eye, it really looks painful.

    ReplyDelete